COVID-19 Clinic Policies (updated 1/2/2022)
Our clinic follows all CDC and IDPH safety, cleaning, and quarantine guidelines as well as the Chicago travel order. All missed sessions due to quarantine, travel or illness should be replaced with a telehealth or parent coaching session whenever possible.
Clinic Regulations (per CDC):
- PPE requirements for staff (eg: masks, face shields, gloves)
- Temperature checks/reporting for families
- Health screenings
- Hand washing/sanitizing
- Sanitization of all surfaces and equipment
- Your child will be escorted to and from the back entrance of the building directly to the treatment room. Stay in your car near the back door and text/call your therapist when you get there.
- All sessions will be 1:1 with limited to no contact with anyone besides the treating therapist (unless session is a scheduled small group).
- No siblings allowed in the clinic and parents are encouraged to wait in the car.
- Our waiting room will be closed and all three clinic entrances will be used for social distancing.
- All efforts will be made to maintain a distance of 6’ from other staff at the clinic.
Other Health Precautions:
- All staff are required to use a mask when with clients.
- If a parent needs to come into the clinic, a mask (or face covering) brought from home will be required.
- Children over the age of 2 are encouraged to wear a mask brought from home (as tolerated).
- Upon arrival into the clinic your child and the therapist will wash hands (or use hand sanitizer) for 20 seconds.
- All equipment used/touched within the session will be sanitized.
- Upon arrival to the parking lot, your therapist will screen you and your child with the following information:
- Has your child or anyone in your household experienced symptoms of COVID-19 or any illness in the past 24 hours.
- Has your child or anyone in your household been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
- A forehead temperature screening will be required for anyone entering the clinic.
The below guidelines apply to clients who can properly mask throughout their clinic session.
- After travel, unvaccinated individuals returning from a high-risk (“orange”) state should:
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- At this time, vaccinated individuals do not require quarantine or testing after any domestic or international travel.
- State risks change weekly and may be checked HERE: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
Quarantine after Exposure:
- If client is fully vaccinated or has had COVID in the past 90 days no quarantine is needed after exposure, but daily symptom monitoring and mask use at all times, is required for 10 days after exposure (testing is recommended on day 5).
- If client is unvaccinated and has been exposed, or is vaccinated and a family member living in the same household is positive for COVID they may be seen for in clinic sessions after 5 days from their last exposure. Daily symptom monitoring and proper mask use at all times is required for a full 10 days after exposure (testing is recommended on day 5).
- Clients who cannot come in due to exposure will keep their scheduled session virtually as telehealth or parent coaching session.
- If your child has any symptoms of illness, please speak to your pediatrician.
- If the pediatrician recommends a covid test, sessions will be telehealth until the results are back. If negative, you may return for in clinic sessions per our regular sick policy (below)
- If the pediatrician says it’s something else that’s not contagious- (allergies, migraine, food poisoning, etc)- you may be seen in person for sessions.
- Regular sick policy: If there is another diagnosis (cold, strep, flu, etc)- you can come back when your child is fever free for 24 hours and is feeling better.
- Anyone who has COVID must quarantine for 5 days (day one being 1st day of symptoms or if asymptomatic, positive test day). If client is fever free for 24 hours and symptoms are improving, they may return to the clinic on day 6 with proper, consistent masking.
- Clients who cannot come in due to illness will keep their scheduled session virtually as telehealth or parent coaching session, unless otherwise discussed.
Click HERE for symptoms of Covid 19.