COVID-19 Clinic Policies (updated 7/2021)
Our clinic will be implementing safety and cleaning protocols that are consistent and compliant with CDC recommendations and regulations. We are also following all Chicago travel orders for isolation and testing after travel. Click HERE for details.
Clinic Regulations (per CDC):
- PPE requirements for staff (eg: masks, face shields, gloves, desk barriers)
- Temperature checks/reporting for families
- Health screenings
- Hand washing
- Social distancing
- Sanitization of all surfaces and equipment
- Your child will be escorted to and from the back entrance of the building directly to the treatment room. Stay in your car near the back door and text/call your therapist when you get there.
- All sessions will be 1:1 with limited to no contact with anyone besides the treating therapist (unless session is a scheduled small group).
- No siblings allowed in the clinic and parents are encouraged to wait in the car.
- Our waiting room will be closed and all three clinic entrances will be used for social distancing.
- All efforts will be made to maintain a distance of 6’ from other staff at the clinic.
Other Health Precautions:
- All staff are required to use a mask when with clients (the speech pathologist may briefly remove their mask when facilitating/modeling a motor movement or speech sound).
- If a parent needs to come into the clinic, a mask (or face covering) brought from home will be required.
- Children over the age of 2 are encouraged to wear a mask brought from home (as tolerated). (https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/masks-and-children-during-covid-19/)
- Upon arrival into the clinic your child and the therapist will wash hands (or use hand sanitizer) for 20 seconds.
- All equipment used/touched within the session will be sanitized.
- Please notify us and cancel your session immediately if your child or anyone in your home has a fever or cough or any other symptoms of illness **, or if you or anyone in your household has been exposed to someone else with COVID-19.
- Negative COVID test physician clearance required before returning to the clinic after illness.
- Upon arrival to the parking lot, your therapist will screen you and your child with the following information:
- Has your child or anyone in your household experienced symptoms of COVID-19 or any illness in the past 72 hours.
- Has your child or anyone in your household been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- A forehead temperature screening (or temperature home check with verbal report, TBD) will be required for anyone entering the clinic.
- If you or your child is displaying signs of illness, you may be asked to leave the clinic prior to the session.
- Policies and charges for late arrival, no shows, and cancels (barring 24-hour notice or a medical reason) will be followed. No cancellation fees will be charged for COVID exposure or any symptoms of illness
Click HERE for symptoms of Covid 19.